Scenes from the OCCA Great Labor Day Cruise
Orange County Fairgrounds ~ August 31 - September 2, 2002
Photos courtesy of Gary Cox & Ron Anderson

 

Chopped '31 Ford coupe of Michel & Linda Emond sports a blown Chrysler hemi. The blue '38 Chevy belongs to Steve & Nancy Born. The black '33 is owned by Dale & Penny Anderson. Far right is the '56 Chevy of Lionel and Tania Presiado.

 

Labor Day Cruise club parking area was secured by several members who put their cars in line the day before the show opened.  Main club-owned tent is flanked by several member tents.  At this time of year, some shade can be very handy.

 

 
From left is Jim & Miki Davis' blown '33 Ford 3-window with Nick & Carol Nickels' '56 Chevy in the middle. At right is Clyde & Pat Crosson's '46 Ford coupe.  Clyde serves as club president.   It's called the Labor Day Cruise for a reason. It is traditional for an endless parade of cars to be cruising the fairgrounds. Only those with great cooling systems should participate.

 

 
From left: Lionel & Tania Presiado's '56 Chevy, Mike & Sandy McGill's '36 Ford coupe, Ed (deceased) & Betty McLaughlin's '40 Ford coupe and club show chairman Dennis & Carol Dacy's '65 Falcon Ranchero.   From left: Clyde & Pat Crossan's '46 Ford (now sold), founding club member Jim & Nadine Cavin's '38 Chevy and Steve & Heidi Dabb's 1955 Chevy two-door.